Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bedbound


BY JESSE MARIE SCOTT SPENCER

I woke up this morning, and I realized I haven’t gotten out of bed in three weeks. It’s just been easier now with all the things Noel’s surrounded me with to be comfortable. Noel’s been preparing for this for months. We’ve been getting all this equipment delivered to the apartment so he would be ready.

I think I’ve been so focused on the details of how we were going to get to 1000 pounds it never really occurred to me that at some point I wouldn’t be able to get out of bed any more. I mean, we talked about it, but it never seemed real. That’s probably because it happens so gradually. It’s not like you wake up one morning and say “Welp, today I can’t get out of bed anymore.” It’s more like, “Hmm. I’ve not walked in three weeks. I guess that’s it. I’m never going to walk again.

It’s okay because I’ve got a great guy to take care of me. I’ve never met a man who’s more super duper than Noel. He’s so kind, attentive, smart, caring, and sexy. I love how he always let’s me know he’s there for me. We always knew it would be challenging, but we can meet any challenge as long as we’re together. I believe that.


No comments:

Post a Comment