Monday, September 15, 2008

Old, New, Borrowed & Blue


By Jesse Marie Scott

I can’t believe I’m getting married in less than three weeks! OMG!!

I’ll be honest – this isn’t something I ever thought would happen. When I was a little girl, I dreamed of having a wedding, of course. I’d have a white dress with a long train that went down the isle like Princess Diana. There would be a ring barer, a flower girl and candles everywhere. When I got older, I rarely dated, and when I did date, I never thought of anyone as “Mr. Right.” Even after I started meeting up with guys that feed, I never figured I’d find someone who wanted to be with me long term, let along marry me.
There was one guy I dated (who will remain nameless), and I thought he might be “the one.” We were together just over a year. The relationship started a lot like Noel and mine did. We met on line, started seeing each other and we had a relationship. I didn’t expect anything because all my other feeders before him were short term. Guys usually will stick around for a few weeks, maybe a couple months, but no one ever really connected with me on an intimate level.

We began feeding more regularly, and we played around with the idea of goals. I joked that we should go for 1000 pounds one day, and you should have seen his eyes! LOL! He was so freaked out. We agreed 300 hundred pounds would be much easier to reach, and we started out feeding to gain. For realsies. Before it was a fantasy or something we joked about. This required serious obligation. He didn’t have that. He left a couple weeks after we started on our road to the goal.
Looking back on it, that is fine by me! His exit made room for my true love, Mister Noel Jonathan Spencer. Now we’re getting married, and I can’t WAIT!

I do have to get a little traditional: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something Blue.

So far, I’ve got…

Blue – I’m going have a blue bouquet. I love blue. It’s my favorite color, and I almost decided to wear a blue dress, too. In the end, I decided to be traditional and wear white.

Working on the other three. Though, I did see pretty pearl necklace on line. I showed it to Noel, and I think he might be getting it for me!! That would be my “new” item.

I’m not sure what the other two items will be, though. Any of you had a wedding? What did you borrow? If you have suggestions, feel free to suggest away!

No comments:

Post a Comment